Dr. David B. Samadi, M.D is a board certified prostate surgeon, certified from the American Board of Urology. Since 2013, he has been the Chairman of Urology and Chief of Robotic Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, New York. He is a very skilled surgeon, performing over 15 prostate surgeries per week using robotic laparoscopic technology. Dr. Samadi is one of the very few urologic oncologists in the United States that is trained in all three major areas of surgery. In addition to urology, he also provides treatment for bladder cancer, prostate cancer, and kidney cancer.
Dr. Samadi educational background and training include:
- Earned a degree in Biochemistry after attending State University of New York at Stony Brook on a full scholarship
- Earned his medical degree from Stony Brook School of Medicine in 1994
- Completed a residency in General Surgery at Montefiore Medical Center in 1996
- Completed a residency in Urology from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2000
- Completed a fellowship in Urology Oncology from Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in 2001
- Completed a fellowship in Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery from Henri Mondor Hospital in France in 2002
In addition to being a highly sought-after surgeon, Dr. Samadi also lectures and trains other surgeons in the Da Vinci® robotic surgical system, an new, innovative technology that magnifies visualization during surgery. He is so adept in the new system that he developed a new minimally invasive surgery for prostate cancer called the Samadi Modified Advanced Robotic Treatment (SMART). This new surgical procedure has many benefits than the traditional open surgery method. Dr. Samadi is able to perform this surgery in less than 90 minutes, reducing the risk of blood loss and exposure. Patients recover faster, have fewer complications, and most patients go home the next day. Dr. Samadi is a brilliant surgeon and his new SMART procedures is proof that he is invaluable to the medical field. To know more about him click here.